Little handknit merino sweater.....
Cotton washcloths......
The boys have been painting and crafting. The middle received a Paint-Your-Own money box train for his birthday. He decided on a beautiful red, blue and yellow colour scheme. My littlest love draws or paints something nearly every day. He calls it 'doing my art' if I can't find him I just need to check the studio and will mostly find him there surrounded by paper and colours. Some new paints and paper are on the Christmas lists for the boys I love seeing their style develop as they grow.
I decided to frog that sweet little sweater. I knit it in 2010 when I didn't fully understand how to adjust needle size for tension between flat knitting and knitting in the round and so I was never really happy with it. Plus he grew so quickly it only fit him for about a fortnight anyway. The yarn though I was happy with, I loved it! 100% Australian merino, soft, non scratchy yet with a lovely stitch definition. That yarn needed to be re-knit into something else. I'm not sure yet what I will make with it but perhaps a little blanket or maybe another jumper for the little man. I'm looking for suggestions and ideas, I think I have about 540m {590 yds}
I knitted washcloths for teacher gifts, this year. I have included a beautifully luxurious bar of handmade soap as well. I hope they like them, teacher gifts are so difficult. I want it to be original, yet not just a token.
The last few days of this Spring are upon us....
The Christmas and Summer holidays will be here in two short weeks. We are planning lots of swimming and cricket and playing and painting. I am thinking about making new decorations for the tree and baking Christmas Fruit Mince Pies.
I am also thinking about doing some of this.....
I hope you find some time to relax as well.
Linking up with Christina and the crafty ones here
We have a lovely local soap maker, so next year, I'm doing washcloths!! I've just finished 3 scarves and a cowl for my sons teachers! And I'm completely jealous of your dog!
ReplyDeleteWashcloths. Good idea! I'd never thought of knitting those before!
ReplyDeleteI once recycled my son's sweater into a caponcho for me. One of the pieces I absolutely love!The washcloths and handmade soap are a fantastic idea. Your photos are spectacular! ah your dog has the good life!
ReplyDeleteMy mum loves to unravel knits to use the beautiful wool - seeing all those wavy bits reminds me of this. I have never completed a washcloth properly (I have one poor example of a crooked one) and am feeling quite inspired to try knitting one. Thanks for stopping by my blog, lovely to see your space! Melania
ReplyDelete