October 21, 2013

Mohair

Today I cast on with mohair.
I have never knit with mohair before.
There is something about all the fluff that has always made me a little nervous around mohair.
But when I saw these 10 balls sitting in all their silver-grey loveliness at the op-shop and I couldn't leave them there to gather dust and dirt. I spoke to the sweet lady at the counter as I gave her some money. She and I briefly chatted about mohair. About how she and I had never knitted with mohair before. Then away we went. My mohair and me.
As soon as I got home I cast on with mohair. Despite the several knitting projects I have waiting, near completion. This is selfish knitting. Something for me.
Today I cast on with mohair.
I have never knit with mohair before.
It will be beautiful.
It will be soft and fluffy and light as air.
A silver-grey cloud of hand knitted goodness.
Warm and comforting.
A wrap for me to pull around my shoulders or over my knees.
Sharing with the oh so lovely Christina

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmm......lovely. makes me long for cozy knits and for fall weather. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful discovery. Yay for knitting for yourself. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mohair, so fluffy always look looks so cosy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.