October 2, 2012

Day 2 - Blogtoberfest



These are my knitting projects for October.
The grey is a Mara. I have knit one of these before and loved the finished shawl. This grey one is for the wonderful teacher who has now guided both the biggest and the middle through their first year of school. I plan to have it finished by the end of October in order to have it blocked, wrapped and ready for end of year gift giving!
The brown is a Apis Dorsata for me. I have been in love with this pattern since it was first published and have started it once before only to frog it as the wool I was using just wasn't right for it. This yummy yarn is a merino, silk blend and it should give a lovely drape to the shawl when it is finished. I am knitting this slowly and really enjoying the process. As each little honeycomb appears I get a nice sense of achievement. Hopefully it will be finished in time for cooler weather come Autumn.

See you tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. loooove mara and think it will look fabulous in grey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.