I think I might have been bitten by the quilting bug. After those two years of procrastination I found I am really enjoying trying to bring the little vintage quilt back to life.
Today I looked closely at the fabric strips that were used as the binding. They were quite badly worn, with holes in some places. I decided that they were not going to be strong enough to be used as the binding again so I cut them in half and sewed them on as a border. There was no border before and I have found that adding one has helped to strengthen the whole top and square it up a little.
All the seams have been repaired. Patches have been added and as I said I have put on a new border. So the next task is to prepare the backing and the new bindings.
Before sewing on border......
Patch for largest tear....
This is the beautiful view from our studio. We had the most gorgeous Spring day today.
Biggest and middle checking out the sulphur crested cockatoo that was visiting our flame tree.
See you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.