October 1, 2012

Day 1 - Blogtoberfest

I have to admit that my sewing skills are still at beginner stage. I gave up after my first attempt at sewing a skirt yielded a garment so unwearable it was disposed of quietly, after dark.

So I surprised myself when just over two years ago I had the idea that I could fix a vintage cot quilt. I announced my intention, shopped for some batting and then promptly hid the entire thing deep in a cupboard. Out of sight, out of mind! Firmly placed in the too hard basket.

Except it hasn't really been out of mind. Every so often for the last two years I have thought about it and just as quickly dismissed it again. That is until this last weekend when enough was enough! I dug it out of the recesses of the cupboard and looked at the various pieces with fresh resolve and ambition. 

The middle little who I first intended to repair it for has long since grown out of his toddler bed, but the littlest is just starting to think about moving into the toddler bed. He will need a new (to him) quilt to take with him so........

Once more I have embarked on the journey of repairing this little quilt. It will be my project for October and documented for Blogtoberfest..... well that's the theory. I managed to do a small amount of sewing today....
Yes those are bottles of wine, my sewing table is set up in the wine cellar 

I am looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. As is this little.....
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. i remember when that quilt made it's appearance here. i am cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.