March 14, 2014

Cables and Hemlock

Remember when I said I needed one of these
I decided that just thinking and talking about it was never going to get me one so......
I cast on, although technically this won't be mine. I am giving it to my dearest, most wonderful friend.
She has had a tough time the last few months and I wanted to give her something that wraps her in my love.
I am really enjoying knitting this and can't believe it took me so long to try it. The cast on was a little intimidating at first, but I got it on my third try. Something to which I will admit I was quietly pleased {well perhaps not so quietly if you ask my non-knitting, relatively disinterested in all things yarn, partner}. Once you get past the cast on the rest is easy knitting. I just have to remember to count the stitches every so often.
I'm hoping that a good blocking will transform what currently looks like something a very large spider has woven into a beautifully round and soft cloud of love.
I will certainly be knitting another for myself. I can understand why over 5700 people have knit one.
In other knitting news the project that I shared last week has come off the needles. When another of my gorgeous {non-knitting} friends saw some cabled boot cuffs and commented on how lovely they were, I knew I had to make her a pair. As she is also the friend who does my hair and manages to keep me looking somewhat reasonable, she certainly deserves some woolly love. I used this pattern, and they knit up quickly in a weekend. I think boot cuffs are great for our climate, all the comfort of warm legs in Winter without the bulk of thick socks.
My favourite 4 year old 
Wishing you an awesome weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the blocked end product of that Hemlock blanket. I'm sure it will be divine, I'm not sure I would be able to part with it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.