1 and 2 - Enjoying my morning cup of tea with my new favourite cushion. I made the cover from a linen tea towel op-shopped several years ago.
3 and 4- Basil in my garden. The bees enjoyed the flowers and we had pasta and basil pesto for dinner. I am hoping to save some of the seeds and grow my own basil next year.
5 and 6 - Two Autumn colour inspired knitting projects, one for me and one for a friend.
7, 8 and 9 - The very first signs of Autumn, so beautiful.
Autumn..... my favourite season.
I love the cooler mornings and evenings. The brilliant blue skies. Days still warm enough for a picnic at the beach and a swim before heading home. This time of year is so calm and beautiful. Everything is slowing down. The afternoons are lazy. The Autumn light is simply stunning. The Summer garden is almost done and the planning starts for our Winter vegetables. I am looking at yarn and thinking about knitting projects. Soon it will be time for apple pies and pumpkin soup. Muffins and scones after school.
Autumn is for planning and slowing down and dreaming........
Autumn is my season of inspiration.
Have you seen
These wonderful knitted flowers
Lazy Sunday Cinnamon Rolls
Sweet knitted cushions
I think I might need one of these
Joining in at The Beetleshack for the stills
I've been enjoying the basil from my veggie patch too!
ReplyDeleteAutumn has hit the mountains I've had the fire going for the last few days. You can feel it in the morning air.
I love autumn too. These cooler mornings make me want to stay curled up in bed with a book. There just isn't enough time in the day for all the things I want to do lately. I'm hoping there will be a little more me time with this change of season. Love your knitting projects and that Jared Flood knit. He can do no wrong, can he? Hope you have a wonderful week. xx
ReplyDeleteWe're just coming into Spring here, and not a minute too soon either!! I just love your cushion - what a fabulous idea! xCathy
ReplyDeletesuch pretty photos, love your stitching, both of them~ we are waiting for spring to arrive, there's still snow on the ground so I think it will be a while.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful autumn pictures and your basil looks great, which reminds me I need to plant some as well in my veggie patch. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia (ps thanks for popping by and visiting my blog. Kathy
ReplyDelete