July 17, 2013

Yarn Along

I have left all my other knitting projects abandoned in their various stages of complete(d)ness and have cast on for a thick and chunky scarf. This will be an end-of-year present for one of our teachers. I am loving how quickly I can knit a row of just 21 stitches in this super thick yarn on 10mm needles. It feels a little like I am wielding tree trunks though after using tiny needles for my Paulie and cowl. The yarn is a alpaca/acrylic mix that has been discontinued. I love the grey colour, but then I love all grey knits.

As for my reading this week; anyone who knows me well is aware of my deep and abiding love for Jane Austen and especially for Pride and Prejudice. I re-read it often. So when I saw Death Comes To Pemberley in my local 2nd hand bookshop I snapped it up. All I will say is if you too love Jane Austen and Elizabeth and Darcy then don't bother reading this book. Sadly I have read (most of) it and in some ways I wish I had not.

Linking up with Ginny

13 comments:

  1. That's too bad about the book, what a disappointment. Your knitting looks good so far, I like the color of the yarn very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fluffiness of your wool, definitely will keep you warm. You have a lovely blog it was fun looking at a few of your posts and your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely knit! :) I love thick yarn for scarves! I used to read PD James... no, she would not be like Austen; has some beauty in it but a lot of sadness too. Well, one thing at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny, I just clicked on your project from Ginny's yarn along, then I clicked on your grey knits link and realized that I follow that board:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about the book ... I hate when that happens. I too am an Austen nut and hate when they try to modernize or change the feel of her books ...

    Love the grey yarns and thick and quick is always a great thing!

    Enjoy!
    Mary G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo, that's so disappointing about the book! That one has definitely been on my to-read list. The yarn, however, is gorgeous. It looks super warm & squishy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time visiting your blog. It's absolutely beautiful and very inspiring. Your photography is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely yarn, lovely scarf, lovely blog - so nice to have found you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color grey also:) Your scarf will be warm and cozy on a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw you were reading that pd james....I wanted to yell STOP!!!! I absolutely hated it. (And I really like a lot of her other mysteries.) It was a real disappointment.

    Your scarf...on the other hand....is going to be so pretty! (Is there really any better color than grey?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love knitting with chunky once in a while. Talk about instant gratification!

    I have seen so many people start working on Christmas presents this week. I really need to get in gear and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment at Wild Whispers! The week/end has been super busy, so this is the first I've been able to stop by... what great yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.