The border is all attached and the backing has been cut to size.
Next I will be cutting the batting to size and putting the quilt sandwich together.
Then I need to baste and think about how to quilt it. My machine is quite compact and the thought of quilting it has me running a little scared. Plus I cannot get it to sit square. Time has meant that seams have been pulled and the repairs that were so necessary have added to the problem despite my best efforts. So I think some straight line quilting is probably going to be best it should help hide most of the 'wonkiness' of the top. I can't decide if I need to use a walking foot or not. I don't have one at the moment but will be getting one soon. Advice on the internet varies, some recommend a walking foot, others say that the normal foot would be fine. I guess I can only try it and see.
See you tomorrow.
I always use a walking foot when quilting, even though it makes an annoying noise! If you can get one I would. It helps sew through the thickness of the fabric without the project getting stuck. Nothing worse than having to keep pulling the project through your machine from the back because the needle is going up and down in the one spot but the foot underneath isn't strong enough to pull the project through by its self, particularly over joins where there are several layers of fabric. :)
ReplyDelete