October 31, 2012

Day 31 - Blogtoberfest

Wow I made it!
I have attempted Blogtoberfest a couple of times before and despite the glitch with publishing yesterdays post this is the first year that I have actually written a post every day.
It has been fun and I have discovered lots of beautiful new (to me) blogs. Maybe I will do it again next year.........

As it is Wednesday for the last day of the month I'm joining in for the Yarn Along 
How amazing is this colour? I have been saving this skein for a special knit and so this glorious yarn is destined to become a hat. It is a test knit so I can't reveal too much this week. I am so looking forward to knitting this hat. It is quite beautiful.
I haven't been reading much this week, dealing with the croupy little one has meant falling into bed early and grabbing as much sleep as I can before he wakes me up again. Very little time for reading.

I now have another knitting deadline! I am still working on the Mara which I am falling more and more in love with. Perhaps I will keep it for myself and gift the hat instead, I love the hat as well though. Hmm..... I should get them both finished, then make a decision.

Thank you for reading along during Blogtoberfest.

5 comments:

  1. The yarn is a beautiful colour hope it makes for a great hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that yarn is indeed a beautiful colour; soft and rich all rolled into one. I totally sympathise about how time-consuming looking after a sick child can be. It's the way the day's routine goes higgledy piggledy that I find the hardest.

    See you soon,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on a whole month of posts!!! I have been popping by to catch up with them from time to time even though I haven't commented on every one.

    The yarn is beautiful, such a rich colour. Can't wait to see what you're doing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous color. It would make a lovely hat. I am eager to see it finished. Hope everyone is starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on your achievement! Yes, that purple is fabulous

    xo em

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.