October 27, 2011

October 27

Today was a day of decision making and revelation.
I have always stored the outgrown baby clothes that all three littles have worn. They sat clean and folded in bags waiting for the next baby... today I finally took the step that tells me I am done... there will be no more babes for me. 
Those cute little clothes and sweet little outfits that I have been keeping are gone. In the next few days I am sure that most of them will be on their way to new homes and owners. I helped the biggest load up his car with the bags and he drove them to the op-shop for me, before I could change my mind!

Then, I sorted through the many clothes that have been outgrown by bigger littles and donated to us by bigger cousins ( that makes 4 older boys than the littlest little, I doubt he will ever be short of something to wear) and rearranged and stocked up for Summer the littles drawers and cupboards.
A certain someone though very excited by 'new' clothes found the whole long exercise very tiring!
At about the half-way point things were looking like this.....
This storage idea is new to me and the revelation I had today. I am hoping it will change my life as much as the idea of storing your sheet sets in a matching pillowcase has done. Stack all the t-shirts vertically instead of horizontally - you can see which one you want immediately and you can get more in the drawer. G. E. N.I. U. S.
Love these pants though they are starting to look a bit small. I will definitely be making some more.
And in other news.... This little has a birthday tomorrow... plans are in full swing!!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. GOLD! two great ideas i'll be borrowing from here. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am smiling over here, because as much as i think i am ready to move onward from babies. i am still storing. x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.