August 28, 2011

Since I last

posted.....
We have a two year old.
He was gifted with his much anticipated and long awaited 'Sandman'.

I fell in love..... with this
When I showed it to the rest of the family they all said much the same thing, mostly intimating that I have completely lost my mind. I can't help it though! Images of hexipuffs fill my dreams at night and my little knitterly heart races ever so slightly as I gaze at photos  of completed puffs.
All is lost I have been 'assimilated' into the hive.
I have ordered special yarn for the quilt so while I wait for it to arrive I am on a self-imposed hexipuff ban. So what to knit in the meantime???
I made up a pattern for this little cuff as I had some yarn lying around...
I finished this hat for a teacher at the biggest little's school.
I cast on for another hat.

I also played lots of "Car Rally" with the middle. He loves this game, a version of Snakes and Ladders. He is thinking about joining the biggest up at school next year. We are still trying to work out if this will be a good fit for him.
I'm not sure he is ready for the 'rules' of formal schooling.

I baked several loaves of our favourite fruit bread. 
Dried Fig, Apple and Sunflower Seed Bread 
by Bill Granger.

75g (3/4 cup) rolled oats
350ml low-fat milk
300g (2 cups) wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g dried figs, chopped
50g dried apple, cut into small dice
75g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp honey
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, plus 2 tbsp extra

Place oats in a bowl, pour over milk, soak for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 1kg loaf tin with baking paper.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the oat mixture, the dried fruit, sugar, spice, honey, egg and sunflower seeds. Mix well.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, level the top and sprinkle with the extra seeds. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out cleanly. Allow the loaf to cool a little in the tin before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes one 12-slice loaf
Go make a loaf.... now

And to go with your slice of fruit bread and Sunday cuppa links to a few things that have caught my eye.....
The photos here
These *dreamy* boats
Pat Perry especially piece number 6
Ways to make cauliflower more appealing
Oh for the patience and skill
Enjoy the rest of your weekend....

3 comments:

  1. awwrr love the sleeping beauty they are always so sweet at this time :)

    Welcome back, I've missed you, however you have been busy. Still lol over you and your hexapuffs and having no yarn for this project, but it is a lovely. The cuff looks very sweet, cute hat and yum loaf :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello. loving the cuff! have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello lovely. it's been awhile. you and your busy hands always send me into thought. x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.