April 26, 2011

What we did in the Easter Holidays

Went digging for dinosaur bones 
Some embroidery
Baking... this was a sultana slice
 Lovely pajama days..... little threading toys from the op-shop for 50c
I spent some time cleaning up the op-shop table that I bought to use for my sewing machine....
Here it is  before I started. I think it might have been stored in someone's shed or garage as I found old wasps nests tucked up underneath, also several daddy long legs had taken up residence. The top is pretty beat up but I like it, it is only wood veneer I might paint it one day, but then again probably not.
You can see where someone has put down a hot pot or teapot and scalded the top and there are water marks and scratches all over it. A good workhorse of a kitchen table... love it! Some of the hinges need replacing but as the space I have won't accommodate both wings up it doesn't matter at the moment.
 Sorting and tidying away my fabric stash.
 New sewing table in situ.
 Rediscovered unfinished sewing projects ( I hadn't really forgotten just put well away)
 Waiting to get started. In case you are wondering about the metal racks they are wine racks





A few other things that caught my eye.....
This photo
And this one
This blanket
This recipe

Also joining in with all the other Creative Spaces here
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love PJ days :D ..and your table and the space you have created is very sweet, so welcoming for creating - love it.

    I too like the table the way it is just give it a polish and Voila ! ..it has lots of character and charm the way it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously in love with your drop side table..it's fab!! as are pj days :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.