February 28, 2011

Thoughts On Autumn

The babe can't sleep!
He isn't sick, although he might be sickening.
It's hot, but the morning brings the first day of Autumn.

Autumn, my favourite season, the start of cooler mornings and nights, but glorious days.
Growing season, time to think about broccoli, silver beet, beetroot and pumpkin and potato seedlings. Clearing where the chook house will go. Doing an autumn clean of our home so it is ready when we need to draw in and keep warm. Washing the woolies and the rugs. Planning knitting, buying yarn. Baking puddings and cooking casseroles. Watching the leaves on the Japanese Maple outside the littles bedroom window turn beautiful shades of red and gold before they litter the garden below. Starting a new 365 project.
Busy, busy Autumn. My most favourite season of all.

But for now.... I'll sit with my restless little man, hoping sleep comes for him soon, so tomorrow he can run and play with his brothers.
What might Autumn hold for you?

1 comment:

  1. I love Autumn too. It's wonderful looking forward to Winter snuggles, but not being so chilly as to actually need them. I am also planning a vegie patch and a chook pen - it is very exciting!

    I hope you're getting some sleep. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.