Of course "Mama" and "Dadda" are very high on the list but he also says "bath" "drink" "up" "off" "eat" "car" "bird" "woof" and "shirt" to name a few. He can also call out for both his big brothers by name and the ear piercing screaming that was happening all day now only comes in moments of complete frustration. He does want what everyone else has which can lead to some arguments, when others don't want to give up their lunch or toy, but oh my the smiles when he gets his way.
I can never believe how quickly things change, how I blink and they are all grown up, the years flown by. He is certainly no longer my tiny baby, his independent spirit is pushing through. I am missing and mourning a little (ok a lot) my last baby gone, but embracing with an open heart the amazing person he is becoming. 18 months next week.
Our studio space has been cleaned, tidied and sorted. I love this space, the littles will spend hours here drawing, painting and doing other crafty and learning activities.
The little clay dragon you can see on the left was made by my oldest when he was in 2nd grade. I treasure it along with a "fabulous eye egg" (Faberge) that my daughter made for me the Easter she was in 2nd grade.Today our two resident Tawny Frogmouths were in a different tree to the one they usually sit in. We had an excellent view from a window, they were there all day. The middle little was so excited he kept going to check on them. Usually we don't see them, though we know they are around.
He started at Maridahdi this week and absolutely loves it. He goes to school in a little blue house with some other kids that he knows (and some he doesn't) some kids are older, some are younger but he gets to choose what he wants to do. Everyone listens to his opinion, he gets to stop doing something if he wants or keep doing something if the moment takes him. This week amongst many activities he made and rolled out pasta, painted, played and sang with guitars, scootered, listened to stories and did puzzles. As I said he loved it!
How wonderful that he gets to learn in an environment like that. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.
This would have to be one of my all time favourite photos.
He is looking at the Tawny frogmouths in the tree. So sweet.
How has your year started? I would love to hear about what you have been up to already!
I am also thinking I might re-start my 365 project from Feb 1, I am missing the discipline of using my camera every day. Thoughts?
Your littlest little is just so adorable, he sounds a lot like A, cheeky beyond belief, demanding but oh so adorable! Glad middley had a great start! Vic xx
ReplyDeletethis is a beautiful post. i too am missing and mourning my baby, he seems to be growing and changing by the day. i know he feels it too since he has regressed in other areas like wanting to be on my lap to eat his breakfast, lunch, and dinner. i happily oblige.
ReplyDeleteps. glad he is loving school.
Thank you both, he really did have a great start.
ReplyDeleteVic... you are right he certainly is cheeky, but that smile gets me every time.
Kristi... I did think of you as I was writing this. I do love their babyhood, but there are many so awesome firsts and things to come in their lives, I can't hold him back!
xxx
Hi just popped by from Vic-Home Revolutions. Did you say Maridahdi? In Toowoomba? My daughter went there last year. Enjoy it is a fantastic place!!
ReplyDeleteYour space is so inspirational, as is your whole environment. So glad your wee men folk are all going well and that you are going to be back on board with the daily photos in a few days time. Can't wait.
ReplyDeletelovely post and happy birthday to your little one :)
ReplyDeletegreat work space and neat ! ...feel free to sort out mine ;D