September 10, 2010

Cinnamon cake


The littles call it donut cake......
Here is how we make ours....

Cinnamon Tea Cake.
60g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 cup self raising flour
1/3 cup milk
tblspn butter melted (extra)
caster sugar (extra)
cinnamon.

Cream butter and essence gradually add sugar, then egg, beat until light and creamy. Stir in sifted flour and milk, beat until smooth. Spread into a greased, deep 20cm round pan, bake in a moderate oven about 25 minutes. Leave in pan for about 2 minutes then turn onto a wire rack. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle combined sugar and cinnamon over the top.

Enjoy with a cup of tea or milk. We usually manage to finish it in one afternoon tea sitting.

This is a recipe my mother had written down so I can't give the source but most likely it is from an 80's Australian Women's Weekly cookbook. 

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.