March 2, 2010

Autumn

March and Autumn already......
This will be the third season my babe will experience earthside, his first Autumn.
How quickly the seasons pass.
As the leaves turn
he will take his first steps away from Mama, taste new foods and start to crawl.

We woke on the first day of this Autumn to rain.
The day brought thoughts and plans for the coming cooler days.

Knitting projects to complete, winter beanies for all the boys, some longies and booties for the babe. Sewing and crafting ideas. A sandman to finish. News that we can share some space in our Community garden made me happy. I love early Autumn. I love the cooler mornings, the light, the drawing in of the days, having a blanket on the bed at night. How the garden gives us a final burst of brights before the jewelled colours of Autumn leaves arrive.


A few days to plan and dream, whilst the rain falls and the heat of Summer starts to fade.

Then I will step through the gate and into Autumn........


I have plans to start my Autumn photo project at the end of the week. I need the rain to stop before I can get outside. In the meantime I have completed another month over at 365 - One a day a short month this one but now only 10 to go.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Jen.
    We kinda like him so have decided to keep him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Written perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous boy :) and great photos..I love those big red leaves..juts beautiful..sigh I love autumn..my favourite season...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.