So I am Catching Up and Taking Stock with a big nod to Pip at meetmeatmikes
Taking Stock right now:
Making : Baskets, Beanies, Blankets and a Shawl.
Cooking : Birthday Cakes.
Drinking : Tea, always tea.
Reading : The Dirty Chef by Matthew Evans and The Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly.
Wanting : To sew a quilt with some gorgeous hand blocked Indian fabrics but I can't decide on a design.
Looking : At the clear blue Winter sky.
Playing : Lots of retro 80's on CD.
Deciding : That I will knit my biggest little a Sky Blanket to commemorate his 10th year.
Wishing : For rain.
Enjoying : School holidays. Spending all day with my guys is awesome.
Waiting : For the yarn, for the Sky Blanket to arrive from Bendigo Woollen Mills.. so excited.
Liking : That Winter is here and we have already celebrated 2 of the 4 Winter birthdays.
Wondering : If the veggie patch is getting enough sun.
Loving : How my boys love each other.
Pondering : Woollen baskets, and hot water bottle covers and mug warmers with handmade wooden buttons.
Considering : If I should take the littlest to pre-prep before he starts school next year.
Watching : True Blood on Blu-ray. Halfway through Season 2. So much fun....
Hoping : I can finish the blanket on the needles and free them up before Saturday.
Marvelling : At how much better I feel after a haircut.
Needing : To sort and photograph my yarn stash and upload it to Ravelry.
Smelling : Freshly washed blonde curls on sweet little boy heads.
Following : Whole Hearted Journal.
Wearing : All the warm things.
Noticing : The days getting just a wee bit longer after the Winter Solstice.
Knowing : I am so much healthier (and lighter) now that my love and I are walking 9 kms a day. Everyday.
(This is the path we take)
Thinking : About how much my little guy has taught me in the last 10 years.Feeling : So proud of all my guys and who they are growing up to be.
Admiring : My girl! Her style, her attitude, her thoughts, her sense of humour. Just Her.
Sorting : Clothes and storage as the littlest transitions from Mama and Dadda's room to sleeping in the boys bedroom.
Buying : Oranges, lemons, limes, ginger, rhubarb, mandarines and silver beet direct from the farmer at the top of our street. He is often around for a chat as well, it's so good hearing his stories and knowing we are supporting a local farmer.
Getting: Excited about the next two birthdays..... 10 and 5 both such important ones.
Bookmarking : Lots of Flying Geese and single star quilt patterns.
Disliking : Winter coughs and sniffles, especially during school holidays.
Opening : Awesome reports from both my guys.
Giggling : When my littlest tells me 'a joke'....
Snacking : On local apples, mandarines and homemade ginger cake.
Coveting : Everything here.
Helping : Winter sniffles on their way with lots of garlic and warming soups.
Hearing : The boys giggling and talking together before they go to sleep.

loved the recap, we have been walking a lot here and I've seen a difference for the better in my stamina! But now we have a huge heat wave and it's icky out..so I'm trying to think of what to do until the humidity breaks. Love the curls and the hat!!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing the yarn for the sky blanket too.
ReplyDelete