April 3, 2014
Yarn Along
I finished the cowl I was knitting last week. It is really lovely, just as snuggly and soft as we envisioned.
So I cast on a for a Dream Stripes. Such a sweet pattern, which is knitting up quite quickly despite the finer yarn I am using. Also despite the fact that I have ripped and restarted it three times so far. You need to be really careful not to carry the yarn up the side too tightly. I am a tight knitter anyway so I have to be really conscious of this and keep those edges loose. Lapses of concentration lead to ripping out of knitting.
As for the yarn I have absolutely no idea what either of them are, they were both op-shop finds without labels. The white/cream is definitely wool, the grey I think is some sort of blend. There is wool in there but possibly also nylon. It is beautifully soft whatever it is and so should be lovely around the neck. They are working well together, although the grey is knitting up a bit more lavender grey than it appears in the skein.
As for reading this week I have been looking at Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks I am a beginner when it comes to quilting so I tend {at the moment} to look at lots of quilting blogs and books without committing to actually sewing anything. I intend though to complete at least one quilt this year and this book is inspiration indeed. I am pulling fabrics bit by bit and hoping to get started over the school holidays, which begin next week.
*My pretty postcard came from Anastasia at L'Accent Nou the perfect backdrop for these colours. Make sure you visit her and check out her beautiful necklaces and other handmade beauties. Simply wonderful things!
Late but joining in with Ginny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love the colors....dream stripes has been in my favorites for awhile!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't knit that pattern yet but I think I would love it! Stripes are IN! Love your yarn :)
ReplyDeleteI like your beautiful knitting and look forward to reading your blog some more.
ReplyDeleteThe colours are good together I have had Dream Stripes in my favourites for a while too. I have been waiting for my knitting skills to improve a little before giving it a try. Lace for the beginner I think.
ReplyDeleteMy favourite colour combination, this is going to be wonderful when it's finished. Thank you for admiring my Lila, I'm loving wearing it!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week
Kate
I've added Dream Stripes to my Ravelry favourites, lovely pattern! I'm also a very tight knitter - this gives me problems with fair isle work. Looking forward to seeing your shawl all finished!
ReplyDeleteWonderful blog! It is really informative to all. Keep update more information about this.
ReplyDeleteI have read your article, it is very informative and helpful to me. Thank you for sharing great information to us