March 26, 2014

Yarn Along


This week I have been working on an infinity scarf for my daughter. I made one of these a couple of years ago for a teacher gift and another has been on order ever since. I am using Bendigo Woollen Mills 10 ply Harvest yarn and it is delightful. Soft and with a lovely hand the final scarf should be wonderfully warm and snuggly. Perfect for those early morning walks with the dog in Winter. I should be finished by the weekend and then to decide what to cast on next. I have a couple of ideas and I also have several wip's that I really should find and get off the needles.
I have been reading Eco-Colour and Second Skin both by India Flint. I love her quiet take on how we can care for our planet by re-purposing clothes and textiles, using natural dyes and simple techniques. I have been inspired to look through my wardrobe and pick out some things that I can embellish and repurpose.

Joining in with Ginny

8 comments:

  1. love the yarn so soft and squishy! You'll be done in no time I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is lovely. The yarn's color has a rustic look about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn and that bowl were meant for each other. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos show the lovely soft quality of your yarn just perfectly. It will be a lovely scarf for your oncoming winter -- seems so strange to think ours is just ending as yours begins 😉.
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and that yarn looks so cozy as it's being knit up..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! The scarf looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello fellow Mum of 5 :-) Gorgeous scarf. The colour is to die for. What a gorgeous blog you have! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Mel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.