Today was the day I was going to sort and fold, wind and tidy my poor, neglected fabric and yarn. That mess {it is actually a lot worse than it appears in these photos} you see in the first three pictures has evolved over the last six months or so but especially since I moved my sewing machine and work table from the small space I occupied before into the wonderful light filled space I now call my own.
But the boys had a bonus day off school so instead......
I knit a little red mitten and started the second so the smallest boy would have 'fire hands'.
Washed the quilts and
Changed all the sheets
Read some Faraway Tree stories and Secret Seven adventures.
I started a sourdough starter and then I
Chopped up some chicken and made a laksa for dinner.
Not what I planned to do today but it was a good day.
I hope you had a good day too.
Joining in with the lovely Em
My little was BEGGING for new mittens last night. But... it's high summer here! I don't want her to grow out of them before she even gets to wear them! Sounds like a perfectly spent day to me.
ReplyDeleteI love that thought - sort and fold - it sounds so therapeutic.
ReplyDeleteNina x
Reading stories and knitting sounds like a lovely way to spend a day to me.Holly.x
ReplyDeleteHi there popping over from The Beetle Shack...a lovely set of photos showing your everyday life...the bread one looks good...Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia
ReplyDeleteLoved these small glimpses into your home. Well done getting around to folding/sorting. Seeing all your sheets and quilts make me want to snuggle back in bed. :)
ReplyDeleteRonnie xo
Ohhh this is wonderful (and very inspiring). I need to get off my but and do more sorting and folding, and making and creating! Love your sweet blog! xo
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day to me!
ReplyDelete