is this......
I started knitting this pattern, in the yarn you see above.I love the pattern and I was looking forward to the end result, but now I don't know whether to finish it or not. I never wear green (although it is a blue/green really). Am I just wasting my time knitting something I will probably never wear? Should I rip it out now and use the yarn for something else? Or do I keep going in the hope that I might change my mind after it is done?
So you see my dilemma!
I think the yarn is very pretty, and the pattern too - but I know what you mean. I have given up knitting garments for myself, as by the time I have finished them I have either gone off the style, or it doesn't fit or suit me! I now stick to socks, mitts or socks for myself where I now that I am on safer ground!
ReplyDeletePomona x
It certainly is a tricky one especially if you think you might not wear it, but it is lovely yarn and pattern. x
ReplyDeleteIt is an awful lot of work to knit something you won't love to wear ... I'd say frog it and start again with a yarn you really, really like ... there's no shame in admitting we can't always get the yarn/pattern match right first time, in fact I hardly ever can!
ReplyDeleteit's a beautiful neutral though, seems to me you are very much a neutral colour person. Xx
ReplyDelete