January 14, 2013

Sewing for my girl

Working on the little lap quilt I am making for my daughter. The fabrics remind me of my grandmother. My memories tell me the wallpaper in her house and the sheets on her beds were patterned just like these. I love them, sweet little birds, butterflies and grub roses, paisley and florals. So soft and feminine, just right for my lovely girl.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog. Lovely one you have here as well. 5 little ones! That's so great, must be one busy mumma. Look forward to having a read through your journey.
    That little quilt is beautiful, i really need to dust off my sewing machine and get making again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful colours! I had a doll when I was little with a dress in a really similar fabric. You're very clever. Thank you for visiting my little blog, I'm now following you :)

    Kate @ Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such glorious colours ... it is so very pretty. Happy stitching :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty quilt. I still have a quilt on my bed that has lasted almost 20 years, made by my mum's sister .. they are special things! love the colours you've chosen. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.