October 24, 2012

Day 24 - Blogtoberfest

We woke this morning to the sound of chainsaws.
The little one was awake for several hours in the night, a yucky cold means he is snotty and coughing. We decided to stay home and as a special treat he was let loose on the 'little' lego that belongs to his big brothers. He sat at my feet and chatted happily to himself and me while I sewed.
I am moving forward with my quilt, and starting out with something very simple, just strips and small 2 inch blocks. I looked at so many beautiful quilts that I was completely overwhelmed. So I sat down with my sketch book and drew up a pattern that I was fairly confident I could complete. A steep learning curve this sewing, but learning I am and enjoying every stitch. I have an 'ah ha' moment at least every 15 minutes as I begin to put it all together.
By the way, Christina do you recognise the fabric?

I am quietly completing a few rows a day on my Mara but I doubt it will be finished by the end of the month. However I am determined it will be off the needles, blocked and ready to gift before too much longer. Hmmm I hope single mindedness is enough!

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.