May 31, 2012

Finding Warmth

It has turned chilly we have had our heaters on and jumpers and jackets are needed in the mornings.
 I cook porridge for breakfast each day. Steaming bowls of sweet warmth mixed with local honey.
 In search of some morning sun I found it pouring through the kitchen window.
Knitting, tea and a little sun {on the penultimate day of Autumn}. These three things warm my heart, body and soul.
Joining in with the Yarn Along although there has not been much time for reading lately.

Coughs and colds for the littles and my girl is home from university for holidays. We are planning an 18th birthday in 2 weeks. She wants chocolate cake but I'm thinking one of these. Lots to do, much to decide but it seems like only a few days ago we were doing this. It all happens so very quickly.
My camera has been still as we move quietly through the days, but now I am ready to use it more. Realising I am starting to miss those small bits, those quick fleeting bits, those things that matter only to a Mama {and perhaps later to them}, I find myself searching for the moments, not wanting to miss a thing.
It all happens so very quickly!


2 comments:

  1. both of mine kids are home for the summer and it's been crazy busy. Love the knitting project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I love his cute chubby cheeks and Happy Birthday to your girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.