March 2, 2012

Yarn Along

For the last couple of weeks I have only been able to knit a row here a few stitches there. It hasn't stopped me from casting on for two new projects though.

As soon as I saw the pattern for the Easy Baby Pullover at Purl Bee I knew I would be knitting it for the littlest little. I am using stash yarn, Moda Vera Alpaca Blend. I have it in a light grey and it is knitting up to be really soft which will be lovely for him to wear. I am hoping that it will wear well and that the acrylic component in the yarn will help keep it in shape.
 When the flyers from Spotlight announced they were having a sale and that this Pure Wool was $2.00 a ball I decided the time was right to cast on for the Missoni Inspired Blanket. All up the yarn cost $60.00.... A bit of a bargain.

This one will be for Mim at university. I'm hoping to have it ready for her birthday in June. Still working on her cardigan, it is slowly growing. I am ready to start the waist shaping.

I have been reading Heidi Swanson's blog 101 Cookbooks for years and have been looking forward to buying her recipe book Super Natural Every Day. This week I borrowed a copy from the library and am pleased to say (for me) it lives up to expectations.
Here is a link to  sample of recipes from the book that she published on her lovely blog.

Joining in with Ginny for a Yarn Along



3 comments:

  1. All that yarn looks gorgeous... and yes - what a bargain. Good luck getting the blanket made for June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grabbed some of that yarn from spotlight too when it was on sale, looking forward to seeing your Missoni, I enjoyed making mine.
    Mel
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bargain and such a great idea for knitting a blanket, nice colours too. It's going to look great, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.