January 27, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in again with Ginny's yarn along......
Still working away on the cardigan. I have divided for the sleeves and started the body. I am not happy with the extra cast on stitches under the arms. Backwards loop cast on always seems to leave such big loose stitches.
I cast on a new knit as well. This one is for me, it's an Apis Dorsata Shawl. I am in love with this yarn a super soft alpaca and wool blend in a light grey. Sorry about the dark photos. It has been raining for days here and more is expected over the weekend......
I think I am really going to enjoy knitting this. I have already learnt tubular cast on and a left lifted increase. 
My reading this week has consisted of school notes and lists. The littles started back for the new school year on Monday but due to the weather they haven't been back.

I was lucky enough to win a giveaway at Sew She Sews. These lovely stitch markers arrived this morning. Thank you Jamie they are beautiful, I have put them to use on my shawl.
I have also been the very lucky recipient of some other giveaways. I will be blogging those as soon as I can get some decent photos. They are all beautiful and deserve to look good.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, and gorgeous little stitch markers too!
    Mel
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so sweet - the stitch markers. Like them big time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.