October 1, 2011

October 1

'Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up' Pablo Picasso.

The littles are avid artists and crafters they will get up in the morning and the first things they reach for are the paper and pencils. They fill journals with drawings, ideas and words. I love watching as each of them reaches the next stage in the artistic development. The middle is drawing people with arms and legs and giant heads. The littlest draws lots of lines and circles, preparation for one day writing letters. Which is just where the biggest is, he copies words from books and asks us how to spell words so he can write them down. 
These moments of exploring art and playing with colour are so very important, I hope I can encourage them to remain artists and keep experimenting and learning every day of their lives.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I remember those days of care free drawing, before they started school and suddenly saw the 'right' way to do things!
    Just dropping by from Cathy's {tinniegirl} blog to say "Hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogtoberfest!

    How lovely that the first thing your little ones reach for in the morning is paper & pencils - I wish my daughter was like that!

    Being an avid drawer since childhood I had hoped that would rub off on my offspring; not so far, she'd rather be off doing almost anything else!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.