Giveaway has now closed
things have been quiet around the blog but we have been busy at home.....
Knitting amongst the games.
My desk shows I have been swatching, planning, reading, thinking, packing, posting, op-shopping ( the yarn and the fabric) but not tidying so much.
Napping on fresh flannelette sheets.
Casting on with this lovely yarn for a test knit.
The cold snap meant we needed lots of warming, soothing tea and peanut butter toast.
The middle got new dinosaur slippers for Winter we have to insist he takes them off to get into bed.
I hit exactly 10 000 views of my photos on my Flickr
I have been planning a mid-Autumn giveaway but wasn't sure what it would be.. I think this fits the bill especially in view of that cold snap we have been experiencing here.
And this is the result, a gorgeous little hat (modelled wonderfully by my green plastic mixing bowl) that should fit someone between 6-12 months.
Unfortunately we don't have anyone in our house with that size head so if you do or you know someone who does, and you think they might like a head warmer then ......
* Please leave a comment.
* If you are not already a follower then become one and get a second entry.
* Mention the giveaway on your blog and link back and get a third entry.
* I will draw a winner on the 29th of May.
I enjoyed the pattern so much I am casting on another one in grey and red for the biggest little. Although my WIP's are now starting to become so great in number I am thinking I have caught a case of knitter's startitis. I really, really hope it isn't too serious or on-going!
Here are the links to things that caught my eye this week.....
This amazing knitting
This recipe
This photo
What is it about peanut butter and frosty weather? Soul food stuff. Your mixing bowl is also particularly talented at modelling snuggly hats.
ReplyDeleteMmmm peanut butter - love and a favorite of mine most mornings ;D
ReplyDeleteYour test knit is super cute as is your sweet hat. Congrats on your flickr photos :D xx
What lovely 'slice of life' pics.
ReplyDeleteI think the pattern on that hat is extraordinary. I would love the opportunity to win it, thank you.
Out of all the little pics on Kootoyoo I was attracted to your little hat..the pattern on it is georgeous! I am now your newest follower too.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, this hat is beautiful, love the patteren. I've been looking for a hat for my little one but haven't seen any I like until now...
ReplyDeleteGorgeous little hat and I love your blog! I'll share the link for my 'baby' mums that all have little ones. xox
ReplyDeletethe wave hat looks great!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely little hat!
ReplyDeletebeautiful work xo
ReplyDeleteps. pop over to enter to my giveaway too! (on side bar)
Beautiful work! And photos
ReplyDeleteLoving your wee hat. I am a fan of op shops as well, cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful hat! I'm so glad I found your blog!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm not a follower!
ReplyDeleteLooks really nice - thanks
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet hat for a wee baby boy. I think mine must be close to the same age as yours.
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't know if he'd *want* to wear it, but I've got a 6 week old baby boy that would look absolutely adorable in that hat! It will fit him come winter.. unless this cold snap continues for any longer, then he'd probably wear it right away if I win it.
ReplyDeletelovely hat. It would look great on my cousin. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a super cute hat! My baby is due in 2 months!
ReplyDeleteAdorable hat! I have two boys that would or will fit on. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteAdorable! I love the design!
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteCute hat! I would love to win it for my nephew :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower! Thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteI love the green bowl. I must try it some time lol...
ReplyDeletexo Steph
Oooh very nice (why are there so few comments? silly people! Unless of course they're in a moderation queue.) I know some people who don't have heads (much at all) yet, but who will have ones that size when it gets cooler...
ReplyDeleteand, following.
ReplyDeleteLove the small boy hat
ReplyDeleteThanks
lauri(dot)rymar(at)gmail(dot)com
my baby is this size and my best friends baby will be 6-12months over the fall and upcoming winter!
ReplyDeleteOoooh my son would look adorable in this hat, you've done a fantastic job
ReplyDeleteMy newest little guy would be ever so cute in this! Thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteThe waves on this hat are so sweet. Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of your sleeping baby. What a sweet hat!
ReplyDeletealiben7 (at) gmail (dot) com
The pattern on the hat is lovely. Don't tell me you made it up as you knitted? How clever you are.
ReplyDeleteSleeping babies always make me smile.
wendyhatton@yahoo.com.au
That hat is awesome! If I can't squeeze my babies head into it, I know some lucky babies on the way!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win! saradfarris at hotmail dot com
ReplyDeleteOh my, that is a gorgeous hat. I'd love to have it for my new baby.
ReplyDeletecrystalarcand (at) gmail (dot) com
My 2 week old little boy will grow into that hat just in time for cooler weather in the autumn. Thanks for the chance to win! Lovely!
ReplyDeleteI just happen to have a 6-12 month old little man. I am sure he'd be very appreciative, since we are cold up here in the north lands :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little hat!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous cap!! My new nephew would love it.
ReplyDeletemyyearinhaiku at gmail dot com
Absolutely adorable! Thank you for this chance! KERIHAG@YAHOO.com
ReplyDeleteLove the hat. It would be perfect for my little guy. And it is very good to know that eventually I'll be able to knit while he is awake...thanks for the assurance! ;)
ReplyDeleteyou're right, it is squishy. there are a few mew moms around here who would appreciate the hand made goodness that you offer.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
I'm sharing too.
www.latenightstamper.blogspot.com
I think It might fit my little Baby this winter. Seeing as I can't knit to save myself I hope I can win her something nice and knitted.
ReplyDeleteOoooh! We have two little heads that would fit that lovely hat! One is in Ohio and one will be in South Carolina in the US.
ReplyDeleteI love this little hat! I will be having a baby in January and a hat is always useful, depending on how big the head is... this might work for awhile! :)
ReplyDeleteI am now following your blog! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteCute hat! It looks great on your bowl but I know some little guys it would look even better on. Thanks for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteLovely. And my new niece will be exactly 6 months old in December!
ReplyDeletejobanba at gmail dot com
Gorgeous blog! Still discovering new ones from that mammoth list... and yay for a giveaway still going. I love the photos and links you've put up. I checked out the knitted couch cover, and that fig bread. Mmmmmmm, and PB on toast is such comforting food.
ReplyDeleteThere will be a new wee babe in my circle of friends, and this would be just the right size for him come the colder months. Thanks for the chance at such a lovely hat.
You have a beautiful blog! I love your photos! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the hat! I so want to learn! Thanks for the chance to win it!
ReplyDeleteI am expecting to be an Aunt in September, so this lil hat would be perfect for the lil nephew. Beautiful knitting!
ReplyDeletensue21702 at gmail dot com
I am a follower from the
ReplyDeleteWashington DC /Baltimore area.
Ah, the green plastic bowl model...too funny! That is a really pretty hat. Thanks for sharing. Warm wishes, Kerri
ReplyDelete