January 3, 2011

2011

Happy New Year, friends.......
Lorikeets enjoying a feast in the flowering fig tree outside my bedroom window.

It is my birthday tomorrow.. it is quite a significant birthday, there is a 5 involved.
I was a little reflective over New Year, thinking about where I am in my life and where I want to be. How I would like to live my life and how much I am actually doing that.
So in response to those musings and in honour of my birthday I give you my list of Not Resolutions, just thoughts, dreams, ideas and plans for 2011.

2011 - CONNECT
A - Accept (accept that which I can't change, and change that which I can)
B - Blog ( blog regularly, and get to know all of you much better)
C - Chooks (finally get some)
D - Doctors (see far fewer than last year, the babe saw way too many Paramedics, GP's, Dr's & Peads)
E - Etsy (open a store in order to sell prints of my Photography)
F - Friends (catch up more frequently with some {you know who you are}enjoy current, make new)
G - Garden ( renovate, plant, use, harvest, enjoy)
H - Hippy (embrace my inner one even more)
I - Imagine (dream it then do it)
J - Jumper (finally knit one for myself)
K - Knitting (knit more, learn new techniques, maybe even some socks)
L - Love
M - Maridahdi (the middle will be attending a Homeschool Learning Co-Op based on these principles)
N - Nurture and Nourish (the family unit, the littles, my relationship with DP, myself)
O - Overhaul (our diet and way of  cooking and eating, no I'm not getting a thermomix!)
P -  Photography (do more, learn more, sell more, love it)
Q - Quinoa (make something with the quinoa I have in the pantry, that everyone will actually eat)
R - Raspberries ( I am obsessed with growing some and having enough berries to eat)
S - Sewing (finish half done projects, complete some of the ideas in my head)
T - Tattoo (get one to celebrate the midway point of my life)
U - Universe (believe in and trust in, everything is as it should be)
V - Vegetables (grow lots in the garden, eat lots more)
W - Within (look inside, the answers should be there)
X - Xylography ( at least I want to do some printing on fabric, see S)
Y - Yes (say it more)
Z - Zen (find my peace)
Wishing you a very happy New Year and hoping that all your thoughts, dreams, ideas and plans come to fruition.
xo

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! and congratulations on your half way mark its very exciting. im very interested in your letter E just for the record, your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shay and to you for the 5th.
    If you really are interested in a print just let me know which one/s and I can organise for you to get one. No problem!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half way? No way! You kid me, I'm sure.

    Happy birthday, and congratulations on your empowered start to the year. Your joy is palpable.

    Much love
    xx Lu

    ReplyDelete
  4. And LOL! at point O.

    *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday my dear friend. a five...how wonderful. xo. i was trying to get a list together but was struggling with the has to be accomplished this year part. i like you words referring to it as just thoughts, dreams, ideas, and plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. Hope your day is filled with love, joy and bliss.I like your idea of creating a list of dreams plans and ideas rather then resolutions which are so easy to have falling to the wayside.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh I love your list of ideas/dreams/plans. Have just found your blog and it is delightful!!

    I too am a mum of five and embarking on the homeschooling journey with my 8yo son.

    Happy New Year
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.