December 10, 2010

What we have

been doing this week.....
The rain kept us inside.
So I managed some knitting. I'm up to dividing for the legs on the babe's cabled longies. Loving the Harmony needles and the fact that I can leave one leg on the cable while I knit up the other. No more waste yarn or stitch holders.
Middle found some forgotten play-doh in the mess that is our studio/workroom. We are so lucky to have this space in our home and spend a fair bit of time here making and dreaming. We have lovely big sofa covered with an old granny square blanket and lots of cushions, it is a lovely spot to lie and read a book or sew a few stitches. Unfortunately though as the year goes by things get more and more untidy and out of place until school finishes and then we have a giant purge and clean. The clean up will be happening this weekend. After photos to come.
The biggest one found his creative space was portable and took over the sofa.
In between rain showers he headed outside with a couple of willing but not so able helpers and started our backyard renovation plans. It is so wonderful this is underway, we have been discussing the veggie patch and chooks for so long that to see things finally happening has ramped up the excitement level a few notches.. I am thinking of starting a backyard renovation page, which will have pictures and the story of our journey from start to finish. A little more motivation to document and finish the job.
This bed had native shrubs in that had gotten out of control and were blocking all the sun onto our back deck. Now we have sun again this will become the main veggie garden. The chooks will probably go up in the back corner (top right of picture) and my herbs will stay in pots along the edge of the deck. Next some weeding to do and mulch.
I am thinking of starting a backyard renovation page, which will have pictures and the story of our journey from start to finish. A little more motivation to document and finish the job. 
And this is a quick snapshot of the state of my desk.....
There will be a purge an clean up here too, in fact the whole house is being purged of excess. I feel like I am drowning under it all. I'm sure my mojo will be found somewhere at the bottom of the pile and I will get motivated to finish our Christmas preparations. For goodness sake our tree isn't even up yet!
I wonder if I can get a garage sale in before Christmas?
Looks like the title of this post should be Clean Up/Clear Out.

3 comments:

  1. this is exactly what i have been doing. s-l-o-w-l-y. i am just really in need of some organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you today as I was writing this post. I really feel that I am drowning under the weight of stuff. I can't settle to anything because as soon as I sit down to do something I feel guilty about all the other jobs I have to do. Arrgh!
    I hope you are feeling a bit better about it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the outside, exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.