December 3, 2010

My Creative Space

In my creative space this week is this....




lovely piece of knitting.
This is the most beautifully soft and squishy alpaca yarn I have ever felt, and when I have finished the scarf I get "paid" in more alpaca yarn.
I even get to meet the alpacas and see them shorn, if I spun it would be a tale of from animal to garment. Like Farmama did here.
Very exciting stuff for a knitter.
More luscious creativity here.

The other creative space is taking shape in the backyard, the long term project of cleaning up and organizing a new veggie patch plus a space for some chickens has begun. We hope to have the girls before the New Year and have at least a few herbs and such in and growing. The weather however is putting a huge spanner in the works, fairly consistent rain has turned the ground into a mud patch, if we had pigs they would be in their element.
Very exciting happenings at our place.
 

8 comments:

  1. The scarf is looking divine!
    Since I have started knitting we have decided to get ourselves a couple of sheep and a few alpacas. Now I just need to learn how to shear and spin.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the cables look terrific! Well done on your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that looks wonderful :) I just love the cable pattern to. I can't wait until I can knit well enough to try something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knitting is lovely and hooray for using Alpaca. I own the Wonder Why Alpaca Farm, LLC and currently have 21 Alpacas with four cria due this next summer and over half my herd are fiber/companion animals. It's highly addictive knitting, spinning, felting and weaving their fiber.

    I have a friend or two that will help me out in various ways and I always pay them in my yarn or roving. Looking forward to the finished project but...I have a feeling this is one of those knits that you will saver as the yarn slips through your fingers.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cables! :D
    But what of your moment? I was so confused I had to check my calendar.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cables are my favorite thing to knit. Yours look so cozy in that wonderful alpaca!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe of knitting...your project looks absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love love love cable knits...yours is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.