August 29, 2010

A little of this...

and a little of that...
It seems the Winter lurgies have one last installment for us. The babe has a nasty cough and cold virus. He is also cutting 2 molars and another tooth so the poor little man is fairly miserable this week.
Our middle little finally got his new bed... it is a gorgeous white Toddler bed that has been passed down from his cousin.... he was so excited when it arrived that it had to be tested out immediately....
Of course the only way to test out a new bed is while you are waiting for your Cinnamon cake to bake. Hence the aprons.
Baking with their big sister. I love watching them on the kitchen they are really enjoying the whole cooking experience. Choosing a recipe, organising bowls and measuring cups, getting the right ingredients from the pantry, they get so very involved. Look at my big little checking the recipe, he is so close to reading.
Gorgeous little!
In a couple of months, my Spring baby will turn 4. 
Gorgeous little!
I intend to get his quilt finished by his birthday. It will be the perfect size for snuggling under in his new bed. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can get it to turn out. 

I haven't had time for sewing, just a couple of bags for birthday gifts. The babe has been very clingy and although he is still not quite walking I don't think it will be much longer. Once he gets over this cold and teething he will probably be up and off.
A small bit of knitting has been completed, this little jumper which fits him now but surely won't next Winter, the details are on my Ravelry page. He also had to test out the new bed, he loved it so much he had a little nap on it this morning. 
Even though his eyes are red, his nose is sore, his ears hurt and his cough is horrendous he still shines.
Gorgeous little! Gorgeous girl!

Last week was really cold but I think finally I am starting to feel spring in the air .... I smell jasmine. Time to start planning for the Summer herbs and possibly some tomatoes. I have no success with tomatoes but am determined to keep trying, because I love them. 
I'm starting to dream of Summer tomato salads and sandwiches.

I have been missing this space, I really hope to be back sooner rather than later.
Enjoy your week friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.