July 8, 2010

IV's and other things.

There was no "This Moment" entry last week as Friday was the day the babe had a febrile convulsion. He is the first of my littles to ever have one and I truly hope it is the only.
We ended up admitted to hospital for three nights whilst he had treatment for a UTI.
IV antibiotics, blood and urine tests. He was amazing through it all.
We are home on oral antibiotics for the next 6 weeks and he has to have some more tests around then but for now we are working on get him back to full health.
It seems that our home has been hit hard by illness this year, I have written lots of posts about colds, illness and recovering. 
I feel so much for those who suffer with chronic or ongoing conditions. Our babe is better, he is almost back to being his normal self, those chubby little hands and feet are getting into mischief, he is chasing his brothers around and giggling at their games. The house is a mess and we jump from one chaotic moment to the next. I wouldn't want it any other way.

All this meant we missed the biggest littles' birthday. He opened his presents whilst I listened on the phone from hospital. He has been so generous about it. We have talked and he says we will have cake and special dinner when things are a bit more like normality. Though he wants cupcakes to take and share at school when they go back next week!


So I have lots on my to do list, knitting for a special gift, sewing some toddler pants, baking treats for my boys, getting food and groceries into the house. I missed almost a week of my 365 project and catching up with all of my blog reading. Gentle, peaceful things for a very tired and emotional Mama.

But first the most important thing of all, putting all that aside, and taking time in order to snuggle and whisper special secrets with my three amazing, precious little boys!

See you from the couch.

*All photos taken at hospital with my phone.




7 comments:

  1. So good to hear that he is starting to get back to his old tricks.

    Go gently Mama. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the snuggles!

    Much love to you and your little munchkins.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mama, i wish i lived near and could bring you over some warm homemade dishes. i am sending my love along with well wishes. i love what lisa wrote, go gently mama. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of love and kisses and cuddles for your sweet little little xx
    And a big hip hip hooray for the big little too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those convulsions are scary aren't they? Both my children have had seizures (one convulsive, one absent) and I'm praying the third misses out on that particular rite of childhood.Blessings to you and your family for healthy and radiant times ahead xx jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a frightening time...here's to a smooth journey back to wellness and warmth....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to have come across you blog, sorry to hear about your little babe in the hospital. I remember when my son contracted group b strep when he was born at home and had to spend 10 days in hospital. It was the worst 10 days of my life. I love your photos. I can't wait for my camera to come back from canon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.