June 22, 2010

Underway

Operation Quilt Rescue has begun....

First I took off the bindings.....

Then I took the quilt top from the backing

It is actually much worse than I first thought. Someone has already had a go at fixing seams that are coming apart by sewing them directly to the backing, so I have more to sew as taking the top from the backing caused them to come apart again.
I am hoping to get some of the sewing started tomorrow.
I went to Spotlight last Friday and picked up some gorgeous, soft bamboo wadding and some amazingly soft blanketing material for the backing. The chenille was sold out in all colours except orange which I really didn't have in mind so I went with a lovely baby blue blanketing instead.
I am thinking I might be able to save the bindings and re-attach them in the correct way. 
So the easy part is done, now for the reconstruction.

In other news Dadda had a birthday last Saturday so we spent time drawing him some pictures, and baking a cake.




Happy Birthday Dadda!
xxx

Next birthday will be biggest little, plans are being formed, orders are being placed.

6 comments:

  1. Hello there
    All the work you're putting into that quilt will certainly take it beyond it's former beauty and so much love will be sewn into it making it a cherished treasure in your home. Such a meaningful project to be working on. I love the picture of your little ones drawing together on the same page.
    Have a good day, and happy birthday planning! And thanks also for popping by my blog.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelly. Your time and patience will be richly rewarded. Happy birthday celebrating there too.
    btw our birthday escape was at North Stradbroke...bliss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it when it's finished Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh jen, i am so intimidated just reading this. happy mending.

    ps. the dragonfly glasses...i got mine in the states. i googled the brand La Rochere france and you can purchase them here in australia. i was shocked at how pricey they are here. i also own the french bee set, those are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, I think I am intimidated as well, I really hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I have to keep going now though, the middle little is so excited and you all are a great incentive.

    Kristi the glasses are beautiful, I have a love of all things bee as well, but $10 a glass, something for my one day wish list I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know pricey. i got mine for $2.99 each.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.