May 15, 2010

Recovering

The babe has croup, a midnight ambulance ride to hospital earlier in the week was not an experience I ever want to repeat.

He was amazing, despite the fact that he must have been feeling awful he barely made any fuss. Sweet baby!


He is slowly recovering, lots of coughing and congestion but definitely improving. As is the middle little who had a fever and a cough on the night we went to hospital. The biggest little got a virus about ten days ago and happily shared it with this brothers. The oldest is sick too and my darling girl and I are both coughing and sneezing today, more sharing!

I think we need a quiet weekend of nurturing, knitting, napping, hot soup and tea. Keeping warm, saying goodbye to bugs and cutting another tooth. King Winter is certainly on his way, the nights and early mornings are cold now. The days are crisp and clear. I bought the first oranges of the season from a local farmer yesterday, I'm planning to juice some and bake an orange cake with the others, a treat to have with a cup of tea. Nothing aids getting well more than a treat.

I hope your weekend is filled with treats.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are home and finding comfort there. We to have experienced hospital runs with croup. Shivers. Be well. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.