March 11, 2010

Autumn

The first of my Autumn pics....
We have had so much rain the first week of Autumn I couldn't get outside to find a tree. This is the Japanese maple outside my boys bedroom window. At least I can get easy access to this one but it wasn't the tree I had in mind to photograph.

I literally tripped over this..........
in the backyard yesterday........
The grass is so long after all the rain.........
I didn't see it lying there quietly digesting.........


Shudder...... I am so not a snake person.
We asked the lovely local snake catcher to come and take him away as our neighbours have chooks and we  were concerned he might be hanging around because of them. If you are not a snake person like me it has to be the biggest downside to living in a rural area.

Next time less reptilian photos, I couldn't even get close enough to take these. My lovely big kids did the honours.

Edit: If you click on the 2nd photo you can see he wasn't at all happy about having his lunch disturbed. Eeeek!

2 comments:

  1. I gasped out loud just now. My husband was like geez your just reading a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have died. Seriously. I am the same way about snakes. Luckily where I live now they are not bad, the ones I see occasionally are small and not poisonous. Good thing you had someone catch it for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.
I heart comments and read every one. I try to answer questions quickly so be sure to pop back if you asked me something.